Our Mission & Vision
The mission of Curtis Corner Baptist Church is to love God, to love others, and to magnify the name of Jesus Christ. The vision of our church is to glorify our God and Savior, Jesus Christ, to make true disciples throughout all the nations by means of personal soul winning and missionary support, to minister the ordinances, to edify believers, and to do all that is sovereignly possible and biblically permissible to magnify the name of Jesus.
Our services at Curtis Corner Baptist Church are informal yet reverent; instructional yet motivational; spiritual yet practical. We gather in joyful fellowship with Christian friends to sing hymns and hear the Word of God preached. We are an independent family-oriented Baptist church that will help you and your family grow in the grace of God and experience the power of the Christian life.
Our leadership team recognizes the authority of God, and realizes that we are shepherds who serve under the Chief Shepherd, Jesus Christ. We desire to devote ourselves to prayer and to the ministry of the Word. Our passion and goal is to equip the believers for the work of the ministry until we all attain maturity in the fullness of Christ.
Pastor Paul Chapman, Senior Pastor
As the primary teaching pastor, Pastor Chapman has a passion for carefully unpacking the truths of Scripture. He has served at Curtis Corner Baptist Church for 7 years. He and his wife have 3 precious children. They have a passion to reach the lost for Christ, to teach believers to live by faith and to train God’s people for the work of the ministry.
Richard Paasch, Associate Pastor
Richard and Lee-Ann Paasch have served the Lord for almost 40 years in varied positions. Brother Paasch has pastored 2 successful churches and has been a Christian school principle. They joined our team in November of 2009 and have already made a great impact in our church family and community.
Kaleb Hall, Assistant Pastor
Bro. Kaleb is a gifted young man that has been a great blessing to CCBC. He works with our Youth, Transportation and Music ministries. He and his wife Elisabeth were married in 2011 and are excited to serve the Lord.
Curtis Corner Baptist Church was started in 1842. The first building was built in 1845 in the current location and now serves as the fellowship hall. Our church has been a fixture in the community and has a long history of loving God and helping people.
Since it’s conception, CCBC has boldly proclaimed the gospel of Jesus Christ and the authority of the Scriptures in the life of the believer.
In this generation, CCBC remains true to the Word of God in faith and practice. In our changing world, there are so many different types of denominations and churches. In the beginning this was not so! Christ started His church and left us with detailed instructions on what He expected His local Churches to be and do. If we take the liberty to change Christ’s Church to conform to our desires, It is no longer His church. It becomes our own creation built by pride and arrogance failing to bear lasting fruit.
We are committed to keeping CCBC pure in doctrine, holiness and purpose to the glory of God. We seek the grace to serve our Marvelous Lord faithfully until He returns to take His children home to Glory.
What we believe:
The following comprise the Scriptural beliefs of this church and its members.
1. We believe in the verbal inspiration and authority of the Scriptures and their preservation to this day. We believe that the Bible reveals God, the fall of man, the way of salvation, and God’s plan and purpose in the ages. We use and recommend the King James Bible.
2. We believe in God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit.
3. We believe in the deity, virgin birth and bodily resurrection of Jesus Christ.
4. We believe that salvation is “by grace” plus nothing and minus nothing. The only condition to salvation is faith in the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus Christ.
5. We believe that men are justified by faith alone and are accounted righteous before God only through the merit of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. Justification establishes an eternal relationship that can never be broken.
6. We believe in the visible, personal and premillennial return of Jesus Christ.
7. We believe in the everlasting conscious blessedness of the saved and the everlasting conscious punishment of the lost.